You can’t rush clear skin with harsh and abrasive products. Those heavy duty products take no prisoners and dry the skin. See, the thing is- your skin needs just the right amount of oil to stay balanced and clear, and natural ingredients understand that balance. Check out these 5 natural remedies that some say, have worked wonders on their breakouts.
- Gently removes dirt and impurities without stripping the skin of healthy, natural oils.
- Contains natural antibacterial and probiotic properties to reduce acne breakouts.
- Good for people with sensitive skin, rosacea, and eczema.
- Balances oil and leaves skin feeling supple.
- Less expensive than traditional drugstore facial cleansers.
Apple Cider Vinegar Toner
- Apple cider vinegar contains gentle exfoliating acids.
- Calms existing acne and discourages new breakouts.
- Balances the skin’s pH.
- Reduces red marks, and treats acne on both your face and body.
To make toner, Mix 1 part one part apple cider vinegar, with 2 parts water. Apply to skin with a cotton ball. Keep in mind this toner may not be suitable for those with sensitive skin.
- Like the name implies, brewer’s yeast is used to make beer, but you won’t get drunk off these supplements.
- When taken orally, brewer’s yeast has been recognized in studies to help heal acne.
- Contains B-complex vitamins and protein, which helps sustain energy.
- Chromium and selenium aide in preventing cell damage, promoting healthier looking skin.
Available in several forms, such a supplements, powders, liquid, and flakes. Brewer’s yeast may interact with some medications, so speak with your doctor before taking any new supplements or adding it to your diet.
- Lemon juice works well as an exfoliator. It gently removes extra oil, dead skin, and dirt from the top layer of your face.
- Contains natural antibacterial agents to fend off grime.
- Lightens dark spots and scars.
After cleansing, rub a slice of lemon over the breakout. After a few hours rinse your face with water.
Tea Tree Oil
- Currently used in many products for its antifungal properties.
- Smells fresh.
- Apply pure tea tree oil directly to the infected area with a cotton swab twice a day. Results usually take 1-2 months.
To prevent allergic reactions, test a small area of your skin with any new products before trying on a larger area. Not everyone’s skin will react the same when it comes to home remedies. Stick with natural based products, to prevent over-drying. Harsh cleansers and toners may worsen acne or create additional damage to your skin.